Yummy Spaghetti Sauce
Write a review
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil or Ghee
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2-8 oz cans chopped pr crushed organic tomatoes.
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chiffonade*
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Heat oil or Ghee in a sauce pan and saute onion and garlic until transparent and lightly browned. If using mushrooms add to onions, garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and let simmer for 10-15 minutes
- Remove from heat then add basil just before serving. (if making sauce ahead of time, add basil after rewarming, before serving).
- *Basil Chiffonade- Basil bruises and will become black if chopped. To make the Chiffonade, stack the individual leaves together, roll them together from base to tip, then thinly slice the rolled leaves.
- This tastes even better when you combine it with the (not so meat) meat recipe and Spaghetti noodles recipe that can also be found on this website.
Cindie Borg http://cindieborg.com/