Write a review
Preparing the Marinara Sauce
- • 1/3 cup soaked sun–dried tomatoes ( caned will work)
- • 3 cloves garlic
- • 1/4 tsp chile flake
- • 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- • water to blend (optional—use soaking water from the sun–dried tomatoes)
- • 1 1/2 cups yellow and Orange bell peppers, chopped
- • 1 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- • 1/2 cup apple, chopped
- • 1/2 tsp sea salt
- • 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- • 1/4 cup fresh basil
- To prepare the sauce, in a high–speed blender, add the sun–dried tomatoes, garlic, chile flake, olive oil and water and blend to a smooth paste.
- Next, add the bell peppers, fresh tomatoes, apples and blend until smooth. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Once seasoned, add the basil and pulse to combine.
- **This Marinara will go nicely topped on Large Wheat Pasta Shells stuffed with Whipped Ricotta-style cheese (recommended: Vegan Almond Ricotta cheese by Kite Hill)
- Inspired by Rouxbe
Cindie Borg http://cindieborg.com/